Something old, something new

Well, hello there!

Welcome.

This is a blog. A new blog. A creative space. A spiritual place.

I've blogged a lot over the last years. It has been a developing practice for me. I started with a meandering blog. A place where I wrote about my day, shared my opinion on the news, posted pictures of holiday and family events, wrote some poetry...it was a catch-all. Then came the spin-offs. A separate blog for poetry. A separate blog for writing about running. A blog for a mission trip to Tanzania. A blog for posting art and music and poetry related to the seasons of the church year. All great spaces in their own right.

But as things move forward, I realized that I needed a new, different, and more focused sort of space. Not specific to one event or endeavor, but rather a space to connect the dots.

I am a pastor. And I am a writer. And I am a thinker. Being "professionally religious" means that I am well-trained to look at the world with a holy lens. Everything is fodder for thinking about how God moves in the world. Everyday, ordinary occurrences make me think about the extraordinary. And I want to write about those things. I want to have a space where I can write about the things of the spirit, the coming together of life and love, body and soul, boring and gracious.

And so here we are.

The holy imagination.

It's a way of looking at the world, really. Seeing possibility in everything, letting imagination run rampant, letting my eyes look at the world as holy and beautiful and worth my attention. It's a spiritual discipline...and it sounds like a lot of fun.

So welcome to this space. I can't wait to share some holy imagination with you!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post